Friday, August 16, 2013

Sophia {1 Year Session/Smash Cake Dothan, Alabama Baby Photographer}

Little Miss Sophia came in almost two weeks ago full of pretty pretty smiles, a very cute wardrobe, and a blue cake!!  We had so much fun!!  I get smiley babies a lot, but some with a cake not so smiley, but she enjoyed it thoroughly!  Best believe she walked around with blue icing in her nose for a week more than likely!

I get questions all the time about what do bring to your 1 year session!  You can bring up to three outfits with me, I like to get 2-3 looks (depending on time), then we do the cake at the end!  I really enjoy theme sessions!  They are so much fun!  Sophia's was a "candy" theme hence the colors :)  She wore a tutu, and had a headband birthday hat, but that lasted for a lovely 5 seconds!!  I have a lady I can finally recommend to make tutu's and I'm looking for someone who can monogram, because that has been a huge request for my southern mama's!  For little boys, I recommend going on Etsy and just finding a diaper cover/tie set :)  they are super cute!!

When you come to your session, don't forget the towel, because we will get messy!!  I have baby wipes, a sink, and a lovely changing table to get some clean up done!

All babies react different with cake, some dive in, some need assistance, and some, they just do not like to be sticky!  We spend the first year of their life, as parents, trying to teach them not to make messes, that it isn't okay, so when we do the cake, it can go either way!  I love doing the cake though, it is always so much fun, but my son was one of the kids who did not like their cake!  He cried, and slung his hands, poor bud!!

So, here is some images from Sophia's session, we had a great time!!




I have had some request just for a cake smash mini, I'm going to start offering them!  It will be $30 for a 30 minute session, and we will do cake images only, so no outfit changes!  I recommend using Publix by Flowers Hospital for my Dothan folks, or Sweet and Sassy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment