Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tip of the Week {Equipment}

Hi ya'll!!  I am so excited about this tip of the week, one day I will learn how to make videos without uploading to Youtube, not too big on doing that just YET!  Maybe soon I will gain confidence to do so!!

So, here are questions I get ALL of the time!

Your images are so crisp and clear, what camera do you use?

What lens do you use?

What lighting set up do you have?

Where do you buy your backdrops from?

So, in summary, I shoot with a Nikon D7000, my lens of choice that doesn't come off and stays on my camera 99% of the time is a 50mm 1.8 AF-S, I have Alien Bees, one is an 800, and the other is a 400, and from Bits and Bobs A Photographers Prop Haven, and Amazon!

So, equipment, how do I set up?

Depends on what your subject and style is.  I like mine classic clean, I want them bright and crisp.  So, my #1 light source my AB800 is usually in the dead center of the subject, or to the left, while my #2 light source, my AB400 is to the right at a 90 degree angle.  I use a reflector on the left side, and I usually use just the white side, and barely use my silver side.  I have a 36x36 softbox, and a 12x36 softbox.  When I do newborns, my main light is touching my bean bag, and it wraps the light around the baby.

I use wireless triggers from Paul C Buff (who makes the Alien Bees as well).  They trigger from a very far distance, and I love them!!



I hope my diagrams help you :)

I am putting together my "Believe Workshop".  It will be in April or May, and will be a two day workshop.  It will cover my Believe Baby Plan, so maternity, newborn, 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, and 1 year.  We will have hands on sessions, and you will be really tired after day one, but it will be loaded with information.  Workshop will be $200.  That is a very good price, and you don't have to come both days.

The first day will be maternity, newborn, and 3 month.  The second day will be 6 month, 9 month, and 1 year.  We will cover equipment, set up, posing, breakdown, and editing process.  You will also receive a little gift for coming, as well as a print out book of my diagrams (I promise, they will look better than this LOL)!

I plan on hiring a videographer to come in and record this for me as well!  This will be a great learning experience!!

Please comment and give me some feedback, even a simple "Thank you for the blog" would be awesome!!  Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment